This website and all the communication dynamics around the General Congregation have been design and implemented by an international team that was assemble during the first months of 2016 and finally got together in Rome at the beginning of October. The Communication office of the General Curia hosted an interesting team of professionals in order to cover the events and dynamics around the General Congregation. This is the composition of the team:
- Fr. Patrick Mulemi, SJ (42) from the Zambia-Malawi Province, serves as the Director of Communications at the Curia and represents the GC36 Media Team before the Congregation and the GC36 Coordinating Committee.
- Fr. Dani Villanueva, SJ (43) from the Spanish Province, is the General Director of the Entreculturas Foundation. He is the Executive Coordinator of the GC36 Media Team. Together with Pierre, he pioneered the use of digital communications in a congregation at GC35.
- Fr. Flavio Bottaro, SJ (45) from the Italian Province, is the director of the Italian communications office. He is the lead developer of gc36.org.
- Fr. Pierre Belanger, SJ (65) from the French Canadian province, is the Socius of his province and responsible for managing news, updates and translations at GC36. Together with Dani, pioneered the use of digital communications in a congregation at GC35.
- Vittorio Paciaroni (34) is one of the lay members of our team. A graduate of our Jesuit Schools in Rome, he works as a web programmer in the Italian Province. He is instrumental in the creation and care of the GC36.org website.
- Fr. Don Doll, SJ (79) from the Wisconsin province, is a veteran photographer responsible for many iconic image spanning Jesuit ministry and multiple congregations. He is currently professor emeritus of Photojournalism at Creighton University and is one of the official GC36 photographers.
- Fr. Itua Ogbekhilu Egbor, SJ (36) is a member of the North-West Africa Province of the Society of Jesus. He is a Jesuit photographer and an IT Consultant both for his province and for Loyola Jesuit College, Abuja Nigeria. He is one of our official GC36 photographers.
- Fr. Eddie Siebert, SJ (50) is a member of the Chicago-Detroit Province and the president of Loyola Productions in Los Angeles. Together with his team, comprised of lay colleagues Erik Lohr (36) and Jennifer Smith-Mayo (48) he is responsible for the primary video content and archival footage of GC36.
- Fr. Charles Chilinda, SJ (51) is a member of the Zambia-Malawi province and the director of Loyola Productions Zambia. He produces our daily video of the morning prayer and has co-produced some of the most popular videos from GC36.
- Fr. Robert Ballecer, SJ (42) from the California Province, is a host and producer on the “This Week in Tech” network in San Francisco. He is responsible for producing social media videos and managing the GC36 social media accounts.
- Mrs. Caterina Talloru (45) , the second lay member of the GC36 on-site team, works in the Roman Curia Communications Office. She is the media liaison between GC36 and the various new agencies who were invited to Fr. General’s press conference.
- Mr. Leopold Stuebner, SJ (28) is a member of the German province. As part of his Jesuit training he currently serves a youth minister in Berlin, Germany. He supported the GC36 communications team as Community Manager for our social media channels.
With the help of many Jesuits and collaborators from around the world, and with the collaboration of the delegates themselves, the GC36 media team has created hundreds of written stories, produced hours of video content and taken thousands of photos that have covered everything from morning prayers, to the election, the visit of the Holy Father, and the work of creating documents and decrees. The media team’s content, produced in 4 languages, has been seen more than 2 million by people in almost 200 countries.